To begin the Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR) process, please complete the following steps.
1. Show Proof of Identity
Fill out the Application for Pre-Registration and submit it along with with a copy of valid, government-issued photo identification, as detailed on the form.
2. Show Proof of Formal Education
To be eligible for PLAR, you must have a minimum of a Canadian undergraduate degree or equivalent (in a healthcare-related discipline) from an accredited academic institution.
If you completed your education outside of Canada, you must have your degree(s) assessed by one of the following credential evaluation agencies:
- World Education Services (WES),
- International Credentials Assessment Service of Canada (ICASC), or
- International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES)
Results of the formal education assessment must be sent from directly to the College from the credential evaluation agency.
If you completed your education in Canada, you must arrange to have university transcripts sent directly to the College. If the academic institution is unable to send a transcript directly, we will accept a certified copy of the transcript issued to you.
If transcripts and official university documents are in a language other than English or French, you must arrange to have them translated by an official translator. You will be responsible for any associated fees.
If transcripts cannot be obtained due to exceptional circumstances, please contact us at email@example.com for information about acceptable alternate documentation.
3. Show Proof of Language Proficiency
If your primary language is not English or French, and your relevant education was not conducted in either language, you must submit your scores on a College-approved language proficiency test, as per the College’s Language Proficiency Policy. The College requires a language proficiency test to be obtained from one of the following institutions. Please contact the institution directly for the associated costs.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) – Score of 580 required on paper-based TOEFL.
- The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) – Level 7 required on all skills (listening, reading, writing and speaking).
In Ontario: www.ieltscanada.ca.
- CanTEST– A minimum score of 4.0 on each section (listening, reading, writing and speaking).
- TESTCan (For demonstrating French proficiency only) – A minimum score of 4.0 on each section (listening, reading, writing and speaking).
4. Submit a Completed Document of Education and Experience
The document of Education and Experience is a form for PLAR candidates to submit information regarding their education and experience in naturopathy for the paper-based assessment component of the PLAR process.
Important note: If you live outside of Canada, you can complete the above processes before moving here. We strongly recommend, however, that applicants outside of Canada obtain official copies of all the documents needed before arriving in Canada to prevent any delays.