Application for Registration
Application for Registration (Step 2 of the registration process): $275 + HST
Issuance of a Certificate: 2021-2022 Initial *Registration Fee and Pro-ration Schedule:
- Applicants registered from March 2 to June 30 pay 100% of fees: $1,609 + HST
- Applicants registered from July 1 to September 30 pay 75% of fees: $1,206.75 + HST
- Applicants registered from October 1 to December 31 pay 50% of fees: $804.50 + HST
- Applicants registered from January 1 to March 1 pay 25% of fees: $402.25 + HST
Copy of Applicant File
- Printing/photocopying: $0.05 for black and white, $0.10 for colour.
- A fee may apply for postage costs that exceed the amount for a standard letter.
*Registration fees are set to recover the cost of operations necessary for regulating the naturopathic profession in Ontario in the interest of public protection.
The Council of the College sets these fees (enshrined in Schedule 3 of the College By-laws) and approves the annual operating budget in keeping with its regulatory obligations. For a summary of how the College spends its funds, please consult our annual report.
Prior Learning Assessment & Recognition (PLAR) Program
Fees charged within the PLAR program are directly related to the cost incurred by the College to conduct each assessment component to ensure that the process of assessing PLAR applicants remains cost neutral.
PLAR Paper-based review: $300
Request for re-assessment – paper-based review: $300
Appeal of PLAR Paper-based review: $75
PLAR Written Exam #1 (BME): $450
PLAR Written Exam #2 (CSE): $850
PLAR Written Exam Appeal Fee: $75
PLAR Demonstration-based Assessment (and retakes): $1,750
- Demonstration-based Assessment Interview: $450
- Demonstration-based Standardized Patient Interaction: $1,300
Appeal of PLAR Demonstration-based Review: $75
Once deemed substantially equivalent, PLAR applicants will be required to complete the following entry-to-practice exams to be eligible for registration with the College:
- Ontario Clinical (Practical) Examinations: $350 + HST
- Ontario Jurisprudence Examination: $75 + HST
Application for Registration (refer to fee schedule above).
All fees are non-refundable, and payable in Canadian dollars. Payments can be paid online with Visa or Mastercard only (excluding debit cards) or by mailing a cheque or money order made payable to the “College of Naturopaths of Ontario”. An NSF charge of $35 + HST is applied for cheques returned due to insufficient funds or for processing payments against credit cards that are declined.
Please note that dual credit-debit cards are not currently accepted.