Application for Registration
To determine your eligibility for registration, specific information is collected on the application for registration, and is used in the following three ways:
- to assess your ability to practice naturopathy in a safe, competent and ethical manner;
- to fulfill the College’s mandate of public protection; and
- to assist the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care in developing Ontario’s health human resources strategy.
To apply for registration, a non-refundable application fee of $275.00 (+ HST) is required.
- online with VISA or Mastercard, or
- by mailing a cheque or money order payable to the College of Naturopaths of Ontario.
Required Information & Documentation
The online Application for Registration form consists of multiple sections and requires supporting documentation to be provided to the College. You can find more information in the Application for Registration Handbook.
Applying During the COVID-19 Pandemic
In recognition that some applicants may continue to experience challenges in obtaining the required documents, we are providing temporary alternative options to allow entry to the profession while protecting the public.
You can find more information here: COVID-19 Application for Registration Guidance.
To avoid delays due to inaccurate or incomplete information, please review the Application for Registration handbook and refer to the Applicant Checklist.
You will need the following documents to begin the application:
- a copy of your current CPR certification,
- details of the CPIC report order (the original CPIC report should be sent to the College by mail after completing Step 2),
- any information and documentation about findings of guilt or current proceedings, and
- Information about any other professional registrations you hold or have previously held.
After the online application form is submitted, the application fee will be available on the home page of your College account under ‘My Invoices’.
The application fee and all required documentation must be received before we can process your application. Processing will take 7–10 business days unless a referral to a panel of the Registration Committee is necessary.
Applications received with incorrect or inconsistent information cannot be processed until you correct them. College staff will notify you by email should a correction or clarification be required.
To avoid processing delays and incurring extra fees, please review the provided materials and contact the Applications Department at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions before applying.
Once your application has been reviewed and processed, the Registration Department will send you an e-mail detailing one of two possible outcomes:
- Eligible for Registration—You have been confirmed to have met entry-to-practice requirements and are deemed ‘eligible’ for issuance of a Certificate of Registration. You will be provided with instructions on completing Step 3 of the application process. Note: you may not begin practicing the profession until you have completed Step 3 and have been issued a certificate of registration.
- Notice of Referral—Based on the information provided, the CEO has reasonable doubt about whether you meet all entry-to-practice requirements and must refer the matter to a panel of the Registration Committee for review. You will be provided with the reasons for this referral and given an opportunity to make a submission to the panel.
Applications cannot be processed and finalized until the College receives all necessary documentation, including a hard copy of the CPIC report.
If you cannot agree to one or more of the declarations at the end of the application form, please contact the Applications Department at email@example.com for assistance.
If you cannot complete the online application form, please contact the College to arrange for staff assistance.