Payment Plan Program
A Payment Plan Program (the “Program”) is available to all Registrants renewing their registration, allowing payment of the 2023 registration fee in 10 installments beginning on April 3, 2023, and ending on January 2, 2024.
Enrollment requires signing up for pre-authorized debit (PAD), agreeing to Terms and Conditions for participating in the Program, and the entering of banking information on the Declarations page of the online Information Return form. The deadline for enrollment in the Program is 5:00 p.m. ET on March 31, 2023. No enrollment fee or pre-payment is required to participate in the Program.
How to enroll in the Program
If you are planning to enroll in the Program, please have your banking information available before you begin the renewal process, as enrollment is only available as part of completing your Information Return form.
Once on the Declaration section of the Information Return form:
- Review the Payment Plan Program information.
- Click “Yes” if you wish to enroll in the program.
- Read the “Terms and Conditions” for participation in the Program.
- Provide your banking details as indicated on the form.
- Click on the “I agree to the terms and conditions” button.
You will then need to complete the remaining Declaration sections of your Information Return form and submit.
How to find your banking information
The image below, provided courtesy of the Royal Bank of Canada, shows you how to obtain the required banking details from a cheque.
Program Payment Schedule
Payments are set to be debited on the 1st of each month (or the first business day following the 1st if falling on a holiday or weekend) starting April 3, 2023, with the last debit being January 2, 2024.
Installment dates and payment amounts (inclusive of HST) as follows:
|Payment Plan Installment*||General Class||Inactive Class|
|April 3, 2023||$202.69||$101.65|
|May 1, 2023||$202.60||$101.58|
|June 1, 2023||$202.60||$101.58|
|July 4, 2023||$202.60||$101.58|
|August 1, 2023||$202.60||$101.58|
|September 1, 2023||$202.60||$101.58|
|October 2, 2023||$202.60||$101.58|
|November 1, 2023||$202.60||$101.58|
|December 1, 2023||$202.60||$101.58|
|January 2, 2024||$202.60||$101.58|
* Registrants participating in the Program are responsible for ensuring sufficient funds to cover each installment. While the debiting date is generally set for the first of the month, time is required for the banking institutions (the College’s and yours) to communicate and the fee to be debited. This means debiting may occur at any point in the week following the installment date. Failure to ensure available sufficient funds will result in defaulting on the payment and being withdrawn from the Program.
To cancel enrollment, an email requesting the cancellation must be sent to the Registration Department (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 15 days before the next payment debiting date. All outstanding fees will be due and payable within 30 days of your enrollment cancellation request.
For additional information, please review the Payment Plan Program Fact Sheet.
Defaulting on payment will result in the immediate termination of your enrollment in the Program. A $35 plus HST non-sufficient funds (NSF) fee will be applied to your account on top of any outstanding balance. All unpaid fees will be due and payable within 30 days of the date of termination. Failure to pay the fees within 30 days will result in the suspension of your certificate of registration for non-payment of fees.