Professional Incorporation

The Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA) and the Health Professions Procedural Code allow members of a regulated health profession to become incorporated under the Business Corporations Act (BCA). Naturopathic doctors are permitted to incorporate for the purpose of practising a health profession, providing they obtain certificates of authorization from the College.

Applying for a Certificate of Authorisation

To obtain a certificate of authorisation, please complete and submit an application along with the required documents. Find more information on how to do so in the Professional Corporation Handbook.  

Please note: all applications for incorporation with the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services, or an authorised service provider, must be completed electronically to be approved. Failure to do so will result in documentation required by the College to not be available and the application for a Certificate of Authorization not being able to be processed.

Find the most Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) regarding professional incorporations and their answers here.

Renewing your Certificate of Authorization

The Certificate of Authorization expires one year after issuance. In order to maintain your Certificate of Authorization, you must annually file an application to renew it a minimum of 30-days prior to the expiration of your Certificate.

To renew your certificate, please review the Professional Corporation Renewal Handbook and complete the Professional Corporation Renewal forms.