As part of our commitment to accessibility and transparency, we invite anyone who is interested to make a brief presentation to the Council. We will identify the potential topics to be presented, either at the prior meeting or for a full cycle.
Presentations must be:
- on a topic set by the Council or on a topic approved by the Council Chair in advance;
- unrelated to any agenda item at the Council meeting on the day the presentation is heard;
- unrelated to specific complaints or reports under investigation and not related to any disciplinary or fitness to practice matter before the Discipline or Fitness to Practice Committees;
- made by one individual; and
- limited to 10 minutes, although approved handouts are permitted.
Topics to be Heard
The Council has set the following topics for presentations on the dates specified:
- March 2021: Drugs and Substances for use by NDs—Submissions related to drugs an ND should be allowed to prescribe, dispense, compound and sell, or substances they should be permitted to administer by injection.
- May 2021: Lyme Disease—Submissions related to the treatment of Lyme Disease and the role that NDs can or should play in this regard.
- July 2021: Advertising—Submissions related to how much the College should be policing the profession in its advertising.
- October 2021: Specialisation—Submissions related to new information that supports the concept of specialisation within the profession.
Although not specifically identified by the Council, we are also interested in hearing from individuals and organisations on the following topics:
- Risk of Harm—Which tests, procedures or treatments pose the greatest risk of harm for naturopathic patients.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)—To hear presentations on ADR processes and mechanisms, and the kinds of programs the College should potentially design and implement.
Request to present
If you would like to make a presentation to the Council, please complete this Request Form. Your request should be accompanied by a one-page summary of the presentation, including:
- the name and contact information of the presenter,
- your name and contact information (if someone else will be presenting), and
- whether there will be any handouts.
If possible, please upload a copy of the presentation to assist in the evaluation. Requests will be reviewed and decided upon by the Council Chair and Chief Executive Officer.
Note: presentations take place at Council meetings held on the final Wednesday of January, March, May, July, September and November annually.