Patient Therapy & Counselling Fund

Under the Regulated Health Professions Act, 1991 (RHPA), we offer a program to pay therapy and counselling costs for patients alleging sexual abuse by a Registrant of the College.

Who is Eligible?

An individual is eligible for funding when it is alleged, in a complaint or through a Registrar’s Investigation, that they were sexually abused by a Registrant while they were a patient.

How Much Funding is Available?

The maximum funding available is equal to the amount that the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) would pay for 200 half-hour sessions of individual out-patient psychotherapy with a psychiatrist. This totals approximately $16,000 per person, accessible over a five-year period. Under the RHPA, the patient is first required to use other available sources of funding, such as OHIP or private insurance, before accessing funds from the College.

Choosing a Counsellor or Therapist

The patient is free to choose any therapist or counsellor as long as the professional is not a relative and has not been found guilty of sexual abuse. If the therapist or counsellor selected is not a Registrant of a regulated health profession, they are not subject to professional discipline by the College of Naturopaths or by any other health regulatory body.

Using the Funds

Funding may only be used to pay for therapy or counselling, and funds are paid directly to the chosen therapist or counsellor for the treatment provided.

How Do I Apply?

Step 1:  Complete and submit an Application:

Application Form

Online Form
Print/Downloadable Form

Step 2: The College will notify you when funding has been approved.

Step 3: You and your therapist or counsellor will then complete and submit the attestation forms. 

Patient Attestation Form

Online Form
Print/Downloadable Form

Therapist/Counsellor Attestation Form

Online Form
Print/Downloadable Form

For alternative versions of the application forms, or if you have any questions, please contact Jeremy Quesnelle, Deputy Chief Executive Officer at 416-583-6018 or