Tip Sheet: Registration Renewals 2022
Posted On: January 5, 2022
When is the registration renewal period?
Registration renewal opens 9:00 a.m. EST on February 14, 2022 and closes 5:00 p.m. EDT on March 31, 2022.
Who needs to renew?
- All Registrants of the College in the General and Inactive classes of registration must renew their registration by 5:00 p.m. EDT March 31, 2022. This includes submitting the Information Return form and payment of the annual renewal fee or enrolling in the payment plan.
- New Registrants of the College, registered as of March 2, 2022 are required to complete only the online Information Return portion of the renewal, having paid the registration fee for 2022 at initial registration.
Accessing the Information Return Form
From 9:00 am EST on February 14, 2022—5:00 p.m. EDT on March 31, 2022:
- Sign into the Registrant Portal by entering your username and previously created password.
- Your username is your current email address on file with the College.
- If you can’t remember your password, click on Forgot my Password to have a reset link sent to the email address you previously provided to the College.
- Once you are logged in, click on the Renew button on your account dashboard under “Complete My Renewal For 2022/2023”.
You will be sent a one-time code, which will be automatically generated and sent to the email account on file with the College each time you log into your College account. This is a secure and effective layer of protection on top of your username and password minimizing the potential for unauthorised access to your College account. Please make sure to check your junk/spam folders for the code prior to contacting the Registration Department at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
If you prefer to pay your registration fees in equal installments instead of in one lump sum, consider enroling in the College’s Payment Plan Program. Information regarding the Payment Plan Program will be available on the Registration Renewal page of the College website by January 20, 2022.
Advance Preparation for Renewals
- Ensure your Professional Liability Insurance and CPR information is up to date in the portal. Changes to this information must be reported within two days.
- Ensure your contact information is accurate and up to date, this includes your primary email address which is used by the College for sending out important information regarding renewal.
- If you’ve changed your name, make sure to submit the online Name change Request form ahead of time.
Changing Class? Do it early!
- Class changes submitted after March 17, 2022 cannot be processed until after April 1, 2022.
Its best to get all the paperwork and information you’ll need before you begin the renewal process. The materials you should have available to you include:
- Your PLI information/certificate.
- Your CPR certificate.
- Information about other registrations you hold or have held.
- Information about your practise hours in 2021 as the breakdown of professional activities section of the Information Return form requires you to input your hours worked over 2021 in the field of naturopathy. New Registrants of the College that do not have any hours to report for 2021 or whose work experience is limited to their educational program (i.e., internship) may indicate 0 in practice hours.
- Banking information (institution, transit number, account number) if you intend to enrol in the payment plan program.
General class Registrants are required to practise the profession a minimum of 750 hours over each three-year period, and this time must include direct patient care unless there is a non-clinical Term, Condition or Limitation (TCL) on your certificate of registration. For additional information regarding currency requirements and non-clinical TCLs, please refer to the Registration Policy.
The College has created a Self-Assessment Tool focused on advertising, including an online questionnaire that must be completed each year and reported on as part of the annual registration renewal process. We strongly recommend completing the questionnaire prior to submitting your Information Return form.
Please keep in mind that no renewal process ever comes without some technical difficulties. College Registration staff will be available to assist you. Plan ahead and start the process early this year.