Previewing the 2024 Registration Renewal Season
Posted On: November 15, 2023
Mark your calendars, Registration Renewal will open on February 14, 2024, at 9:00 AM EST.
These helpful tips and reminders can make your renewal process easy and seamless:
- Thinking about changing your registration class? You have until March 18 to do so. Processing a class change takes time, and you won’t be able to renew your registration until the change has been completed.
When completing a class change application, you’ll be required to note an “effective date”, which indicates when you want the class change to take effect. Some things to keep in mind when selecting your effective date are:
- The Information Return (renewal) form can’t be accessed until the class change has taken effect (i.e., the effective date).
- Information Return forms must be reviewed by staff and there may be instances where you are asked to clarify, correct or provide additional information before it can be accepted.
- The registration fee can’t be paid/you can’t enroll in the payment plan program until your Information Return form has been accepted.
- A late fee is applied when fees are not paid by the renewal deadline (March 31).
For these reasons, we suggest opting for an effective class change date which falls several days ahead of the renewal deadline.
- Is your Professional Liability Insurance (PLI) current? Maintaining PLI is a legal obligation for all NDs in Ontario. Make sure to enter all relevant and up-to-date information on your Registrant profile.
If your PLI is set to expire on March 31 or April 1, you’re likely not alone, and as a result, this may be a busy period for your insurance broker. Consider submitting your PLI renewal forms to your broker/insurer a few weeks ahead of your expiry to beat the rush and avoid any unintended consequences as a result of PLI renewal backlogs.
- Have you recently undergone a legal name change? If you’ve changed your name, complete the Name Change Form ahead of time to avoid processing delays.
- Have you recently moved, changed practice locations or changed any other contact details? Update the information on file with us by logging into your account and updating your profile.