Previewing the 2023 Registration Renewal Season!
Posted On: November 12, 2022
Mark your calendars, Registration Renewal will open on February 14, 2023, at 9:00 AM ET.
Follow these helpful tips to make your renewal process easy and seamless:
- Thinking about changing your registration class? You have until March 17 to do so. Processing a class change takes time, and you won’t be able to renew your registration until the change has been completed.When completing a class change application, you’ll be required to note an “effective date”, which indicates when you want the class change to take effect. Some things to keep in mind when selecting your effective date are:
- The Information Return (renewal) form can’t be accessed until the class change has taken effect (i.e., the effective date).
- Information Return forms must be reviewed by staff and there may be instances where you are asked to clarify, correct or provide additional information before it can be accepted.
- The registration fee can’t be paid/ you can’t enroll in the payment plan program until your Information Return form has been accepted.
- A late fee is applied when fees are not paid by the renewal deadline (March 31).For these reasons, we suggest opting for an effective class change date which falls several days ahead of the renewal deadline.
- Is your Professional Liability Insurance current? Maintaining PLI is a legal obligation for all NDs in Ontario. Make sure to enter all relevant and up-to-date information on your Registrant profile.If your PLI is set to expire on March 31 or April 1, you’re not alone, and as a result, this may be a busy period for your insurance broker. Consider submitting your PLI renewal forms to your broker/insurer a few weeks ahead of your expiry to beat the rush and avoid any unintended consequences as a result of PLI renewal backlogs.
- Have you recently undergone a legal name change? If you’ve changed your name, complete the Name Change Form ahead of time to avoid processing delays.
- Have you recently moved, changed practice locations, or changed any other contact details? Update the information on file with us by logging into your account and updating your profile. Remember, any changes to your information must be reported within 30 days of the change.
- Are you a new Registrant? If this your first-time renewing your annual registration, review the 2022 Renewal & Information Return to familiarize yourself with the information you’ll need to report on the annual Information Return form.