Posted On: June 8, 2023
At its meeting on May 31, 2023, the Council held its annual election of its Officers. Together, the Officers also form the Executive Committee of the Council, which oversees Council and College business in emergency situations where it is not feasible to have the Council convene a meeting. We are pleased to announce the following elected or re-elected Officers:
- Dr. Jordan Sokoloski, ND – re-elected as Council Chair
- Mrs. Sarah Griffiths-Savolaine – re-elected as Council Vice Chair
- Mr. Dean Catherwood – re-elected as Officer-at-Large (Public member)
- Dr. Shelley Burns, ND – re-elected as Officer-at-Large (Professional member)
- Dr. Denis Maurier, ND – elected as Officer-at-Large (Professional member)
All officers were elected for a one-year term ending on May 29, 2024.
Earlier this year, elections were held in Districts 7 and 8. While the results were published to Registrants in those districts, at this time, the College would like to announce the results to all Registrants. Dr. Jordan Sokoloski, ND was re-elected to a three-year term in District 8. Dr. Amy Dobbie, ND was elected to a three-year term in District 7. The role of each Council member is to serve and protect the public interest and to bring a regional perspective to public interest matters discussed at the Council table.
Please join me in congratulating both the Council members and Officers. We thank all of them for their service to the College and the people of Ontario.
Andrew Parr, CAE
Chief Executive Officer