Changes in IVIT inspection fees and requirements
Posted On: June 1, 2021
In January, the College initiated a consultation on the IVIT Inspection Program fees. The consultation ended on March 9 and the College reviewed and considered all feedback received.
During the May 26, 2021 Council meeting, Council approved the following changes to the Inspection Program fees:
- The regularly scheduled 5-year inspection fee will be reduced from $2,500 to $2,000.
- The fee for an inspection ordered by the Inspection Committee will be reduced from $2,500 to $2,000.
- The payment schedule for new premises will change from a payment of $1,250 at the time of Part I and a payment of $1,250 at the time of Part II, to a one-time payment of $2,500 due prior to the Part I inspection. Please be aware that any premises invoiced for the Part I fee prior to the implementation of the new inspection fees will be invoiced for $1,250 at the time of their Part II inspection.
- When a new premises submits a Registering an IVIT Premises form, they will be required to pay a non-refundable Premises Registration Fee of $100 payable at the time of registration. The $100 fee will be applied to the new premises inspection fee and is non-refundable in case the premises elects to cancel their registration. The fee addresses the costs incurred by the College when processing the registration of a new premises.
In addition to the fee changes, Council also approved changes in the Inspection Program Requirements for existing/5-year scheduled and new premises.
Revisions have been made in the following areas:
- Emergency Measures
- Maintenance and Cleaning
- Drugs and Substances Storage and Inventory
- The Policies and Procedures Manual
- The Quality Management Program
- Observation of IVIT procedures
- Infection Control
- Record Keeping
Please visit the College’s Inspection Program webpage for the revised Inspection Program Requirements.
For more information on the IVIT Inspection Program, visit the College’s website or contact Dr. Mary-Ellen McKenna, ND (Inactive), Manager, Professional Practice.Back to News & Announcements