Registration Coordinator (18-month contract)
Posted On: March 17, 2022
Closes On: April 1, 2022
The College of Naturopaths of Ontario regulates naturopathic doctors in the public interest. Our mandate is to support patients’ rights to receive safe, competent and ethical naturopathic care. We fulfill our role by establishing requirements to enter the profession, setting standards of practice, ensuring continuing competence, and providing accountability through Complaints and Discipline.
Reporting to the Manager, Registration, the Registration Coordinator is responsible for providing on-going support on matters related to the Registration, Professional Corporations and Entry-to-Practise areas of the College.
This position involves a variety of activities including, but not limited to, the annual collection of Registration fees and information, the processing of Registration applications, the development and maintenance of policies and procedures related to Registration and Entry-to-Practise and providing support to the Registration Committee.
Duties & Responsibilities
The incumbent will be responsible for:
1. Facilitating the Processing of Registration Applications.
- Verifying and processing applications for Registrants, and associated billings in a timely manner.
- Updating Registrant information and maintaining current file tracking information for the purposes of College reporting requirements.
- Assisting with the annual Office of the Fairness Commissioner ‘Fair Registration Practices’ report and associated audits of the College’s policies and procedures as directed by the Manager, Registration.
- Assisting with the College’s Annual Report as it pertains to Registration.
2. Providing support for the Registration Committee.
- Assisting in the identifying of Registration applications which require referral to a panel of the Registration Committee.
- Assisting with preparing Committee materials under the direction of the Manager, Registration.
- Collecting information for Committee briefings as directed by the Manager, Registration.
- Collecting information for Committee trainings as directed by the Manager, Registration.
- Drafting meeting agendas, prepare meeting materials, and draft minutes for Committee meetings.
- Processing Committee/Panel member expense claims according to College protocols.
3. Assisting in the smooth running of the annual Registration Renewal process.
- Assisting with updating renewal forms, tools and handbooks as needed.
- Assisting with revising existing Registration forms as needed.
- Reviewing for accuracy, data collected by Registrants on their Information Return.
- Assisting with preparing Notices of Intent to Suspend for those Registrants who do not renew their Registration by the deadline and/or submitted incorrect information on their Return.
- Pulling reports to monitor renewal numbers during annual renewal period.
4. Performing General Duties related to Registration and Entry-to-Practise
- Maintaining the Public Register and Corporation Register under the direction of the Manager, Registration.
- Assisting with the Health Force Ontario data collection and annual reporting in accordance with their requirements.
- Maintaining knowledge of College policies around Registration, Entry-to-Practise and Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR).
- Maintaining knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and accessibility legislation as it pertains to the College’s general duty to accommodate.
- Providing accurate and prompt responses to inquiries from the public, Registrants, and stakeholders concerning Registration.
- Updating database and website content as required.
- Assisting in the implementation of best practices in conjunction with the Office of the Fairness Commissioner’s ‘fairness principles.’
- Ensuring all correspondence, reports and documents are prepared for distribution quickly and accurately as directed by the Manager, Registration.
- Drafting and updating Registration materials under the direction of the Manager, Registration, including handbooks, forms and letters.
- Assisting in the ongoing development of the department’s operational policies and procedural manuals for Registration.
- Providing Entry-to-Practise support as directed by the Manager, Registration, including but not limited to verifying and processing applications for registration, processing PLAR applications, assisting with PLAR Committee/Decision panel meetings, responding to Applicant inquiries and providing general department coverage as needed.
5. Other Duties
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The Registration Coordinator will be extremely reliable with the commitment to take pride in, and ownership of, all projects and initiatives. They must ensure that all work is high quality and is completed on deadline.
- A post-secondary education is required.
Skills and Experience
The following are the minimum level of skills and experience of the incumbent:
- Three to five years of experience in coordination and delivery or related roles.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills based on effective time-management, high accuracy, and the ability to pay attention to detail.
- Highly effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- High level of computer literacy (MS Office, Adobe Pro).
- Knowledge of the functionality and role of a regulatory College or health-related organization is preferred but not essential.
- The ability to speak a second language, in particular French, would be considered an asset.
The College’s environment is best suited for individuals with the following attributes:
- An independent self-starter who is creative, innovative and solutions-oriented.
- A person with a high degree of integrity and accountability.
- Is flexible.
- Ability to maintain personal composure during times of stress.
- Is patient and empathetic but believes in fairness, equality, objectivity and impartiality.
- Ability to work as part of a team but is respectful of the decision-making processes and legal responsibilities of the College.
- Excellent judgement, tact and diplomacy.
Terms and Working Conditions
The following terms and working conditions apply to this position:
- This is an 18-month contract position with the College.
- The position is based on a 35-hour work week, Monday to Friday with occasional weekend work.
- Salary will be based on the experience, skills and qualifications of the incumbent within a range of $53,000 – $70,000 per year.
College employees enjoy a competitive group benefits plan (life insurance, LTD, health, dental and paramedical services). The College will also provide opportunities for professional development.
Application Process and Deadline
Cover letters and resumes can be e-mailed to email@example.com and must be received by April 1, 2022. Please include “Registration Coordinator” in the subject line of your e-mail. Only those applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted by the College following the job posting close date. The College requests that no telephone inquiries be made.
Who To Contact