Registration Administrative Assistant (14-month contract)
Posted On: May 4, 2022
Closes On: May 20, 2022
The College of Naturopaths of Ontario regulates naturopathic doctors in the public interest. Our mandate is to support patients’ rights to receive safe, competent and ethical naturopathic care. We fulfill our role by establishing requirements to enter the profession, setting standards of practice, ensuring continuing competence, and providing accountability through Complaints and Discipline.
Reporting to the Manager, Registration, the Registration Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing on-going support on matters related to Registration and Professional Corporations areas of the College.
This position involves a variety of activities including, but not limited to, the annual collection of Registration fees and information, the processing of Registration and Professional Corporation applications, the development and maintenance of procedures related to Registration and Professional Corporations and providing support to the Registration Committee.
Duties & Responsibilities
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Processing of Registration Applications.
- Assisting in the verification and processing of applications for Registrants, and associated billings in a timely manner.
- Maintaining current file tracking information for the purposes of College reporting requirements.
- Assisting in the maintenance of the College’s database as it relates to Registrants.
- Assisting with the College’s Annual Report as it pertains to Registration by compiling data of applications received and processed from Registrants.
- Providing support for the Registration Committee.
- Assisting in the identification of Registration applications which require referral to a panel of the Registration Committee.
- Assisting with preparing Committee materials under the direction of the Manager, Registration.
- Collecting information for Committee briefings as directed by the Manager, Registration.
- Collecting information for Committee trainings as directed by the Manager, Registration.
- Drafting meeting agendas, preparing meeting materials, and drafting minutes for Committee meetings.
- Taking Committee attendance and submitting claim forms via HBS for Public Members.
- Assisting with event-type logistics.
- Assisting in the smooth running of the annual Registration Renewal process under the direction of the Manager, Registration.
- Assisting with updating renewal forms, tools and handbooks as needed.
- Assisting with revising existing Registration forms as needed.
- Assisting Registrants with the data entry of information for renewal forms as required.
- Assisting with preparing Notices of Intent to Suspend for those Registrants who do not renew their Registration by the deadline and/or submitted incorrect information on their Return.
- Performing General Duties related to Registration and Professional Corporations.
- Maintaining the Public Register and Professional Corporation Register under the direction of the Manager, Registration.
- Maintaining knowledge of College policies around Registration and Professional Corporations.
- Maintaining knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and accessibility legislation as it pertains to the College’s general duty to accommodate.
- Providing accurate and prompt responses to inquiries from the public, Registrants, and stakeholders concerning Registration.
- Updating database and website content as required under the direction of the Manager, Registration.
- Assisting in the implementation of best practices in conjunction with the Office of the Fairness Commissioner’s ‘fairness principles.’
- Ensuring all correspondence, reports and documents are prepared for distribution quickly and accurately as directed by the Manager, Registration.
- Data entry of information as requested by the Manager, Registration including scanning of documentation.
- Drafting and updating Registration materials under the direction of the Manager, Registration, including handbooks, forms and letters.
- Assisting in the ongoing development of the department’s procedural manuals for Registration and Professional Corporations under the direction of the Manager, Registration.
- Other Duties
- Performing other duties as assigned.
The Registration, Administrative Assistant will be extremely reliable with the commitment to take pride in, and ownership of, all projects and initiatives. They must ensure that all work is high quality and is completed on deadline.
- A post-secondary education in Office Administration or related programs.
Skills and Experience
The following are the minimum level of skills and experience of the incumbent:
- One to three years of experience in an administrative role.
- High level of computer literacy (MS Office, Adobe, Outlook).
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills based on effective time-management, high accuracy, and the ability to pay attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to new systems and processes quickly and effectively.
- Ability to balance multiple demands, including prioritizing and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a cross-functional team environment.
- A high level of discretion, confidentiality and reliability is essential.
- Ability to provide strong initiative, a positive attitude and a willingness to work on a variety of projects/duties big or small.
- Ability to apply judgment and analytical skills to review incoming correspondence and information requests and refer appropriately.
- Knowledge of the functionality and role of a regulatory College or health-related organization is preferred but not essential.
- The ability to speak a second language, in particular French, would be considered an asset.
The College’s environment is best suited for individuals with the following attributes:
- An independent self-starter who is creative, innovative and solutions-oriented.
- A person with a high degree of integrity and accountability.
- Is flexible.
- Ability to maintain personal composure during times of stress.
- Is patient and empathetic but believes in fairness, equality, objectivity and impartiality.
- Ability to work as part of a team but is respectful of the decision-making processes and legal responsibilities of the College.
- Excellent judgement, tact and diplomacy.
Terms and Working Conditions
The following terms and working conditions apply to this position:
- This is a 14-month contract position with the College.
- The position is based on a 35-hour work week, Monday to Friday with occasional weekend work.
- Salary will be based on the experience, skills and qualifications of the incumbent within a range of $47,000,000 – $58,000 per year.
College employees enjoy a competitive group benefits plan (life insurance, LTD, health, dental and paramedical services). The College will also provide opportunities for professional development.
Application Process and Deadline
Cover letters and resumes can be e-mailed to email@example.com and must be received by May 20, 2022. Please include “Registration Administrative Assistant” in the subject line of your e-mail. Only those applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted by the College following the job posting close date. The College requests that no telephone inquiries be made.
Who To Contact