Marketing Communications Officer (Bilingual)
Posted On: August 26, 2022
Closes On: September 9, 2022
The College of Naturopaths of Ontario regulates naturopathic doctors in the public interest. Our mandate is to support patients’ rights to receive safe, competent and ethical naturopathic care. We fulfill our role by establishing requirements to enter the profession, setting standards of practice, ensuring continuing competence, and providing accountability through Complaints and Discipline.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, and for the purposes of work activities and outcomes, indirectly to the Senior Communications Officer. The Marketing and Communications Officer is responsible for supporting the communications and event marketing activities of the College of Naturopaths of Ontario, including but not necessarily limited to the Colleges’ print and electronic communication, website, social media, and adherence to brand standards. It also supports the College in providing services to the public and other stakeholders in French.
Duties & Responsibilities
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Communications Planning
- Supporting the Senior Communications Officer in the development of the communications strategy for the College.
- Assisting in the development of a comprehensive annual communications plan and communications calendar covering all communications channels in consultation with the Senior Communications Officer.
- Event Planning and Marketing
- Developing the calendar of events relating to the “In Conversation With” series including concept development, selection and engagement of speakers, development of promotional materials, confirmation of registrations.
- Working with the CEO and the Administration Coordinator, develop the calendar of events relating to the “Mentorship Education Program”, including concept development, selection and engagement of speakers, development of promotional materials.
- Ensuring the timely on-going delivery of all marketing and communications materials relating to the events and ensures activities are coordinated with the other programs of the College.
- Development and Delivery of College Communication
- In consultation with College program areas, creates, researches, fact checks, formats, proofreads, and edits content for all College publications e.g. newsletters, blog, annual report, e-newsletters, direct mailings, e-blasts/newsletters, web pages, brochures, news articles, and consultations.
- Helps craft consistent, engaging and compelling messages for distribution through all possible communication channels.
- Disseminates communications and re-direct to relevant communications channels when appropriate.
- Provides support for social media initiatives and presence as required.
- Ensures all communications are clear, concise, and accurate and in the College’s “voice”.
- Ensures all timelines and critical deadlines are met.
- Adheres to the communications budget for the annual program and special events/campaigns.
- Monitors the effectiveness and/or utilization of College communications (print and electronic).
- Maintains digital media archives including photos, graphics and videos.
- Track analytics and create reports detailing successes and failures of the College’s communications efforts (print and electronic).
- Maintains a calendar of assigned projects and deadlines.
- Manage College Website
- Assists the Senior Communications Officer in the management, maintenance and updating as appropriate the content of the College website.
- Ensures materials and publications are edited and approved prior to appearing on the website, and on the employee shared network as appropriate.
- Coordinates translation of (and updating) French materials for the website, working with the College’s translation services supplier.
- Vendor Relationships
- Supports the Senior Communications Officer in liaising with external consultants and suppliers to support the design and production of communication materials.
- Monitors quality and effectiveness of materials/publications, taking into consideration clarity, results from communication, cost and reports on outcomes to the Senior Communications Officer.
- Monitors effectiveness of College website, taking into consideration utilization, clarity and ease in finding information/resources, reliability.
- Assists in the development of new Requests for Proposals for communications products or services and participates in the management of the RFP process and evaluation of responses.
- Adherence to the Brand Identity in Communications
- Understands and effectively promotes the mission, brand and priorities of the College.
- Ensures that all communications and marketing materials align with the brand guidelines of the College.
- Keeps up-to-date on current issues within the College and identify appropriate communications mode of delivery.
- English-French Translation
- Coordinates the College’s French translation program, including receiving and tracking submissions from various departments, submitting to our translation services provider and reviewing translated product for accuracy. Track translation projects against invoices received.
- Supports callers and other contacts who require services in French from the College.
- Translates materials from English to French for immediate, urgent needs.
- Records information in French as needed for webinars, phone scripts, etc.
- Helps to review translated materials to ensure accuracy and consistency, including alignment with College voice and brand, based on content supplied by the College’s translation services provider.
- Operational Support
- Advises other employees and managers on marketing communication tasks.
- Supports staff training and education related to communication development and delivery, as required.
- Ensures all staff are aware of the College’s marketing communication efforts.
- In collaboration with the CEO and Senior Communications Officer, assists in the development of the overall flow of information for the College including public relations, human resources etc.
- Makes recommendations on communication policies, procedures and standards.
- Assist CEO in Support to Council.
- Provide the CEO support to the Council as requested.
- Perform Other Duties
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The Marketing Communications Officer (bilingual) will be extremely reliable with the commitment to take pride in, and ownership of, all projects and initiatives. They must ensure that all work is high quality and is completed on deadline.
- Diploma or degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Business, English, French Language studies or related field.
Skills and Experience
The following are the minimum level of skills and experience of the incumbent:
- A minimum of three years’ experience in event planning and delivery, marketing or communications roles.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in both English and French.
- Ability to compose accurate and engaging content.
- Strong communicator who works well independently and with a team.
- Time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understanding of communications, public relations and marketing best practices.
- Ability to think strategically and identify new ways to improve communication efforts.
- Knowledgeable in working with style guides.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat and Photoshop, membership databases, Google Analytics, Zoom and WordPress.
- Deadline-oriented and operational planning capabilities.
- Demonstrated skills and experience researching, writing, editing and proofreading/reviewing content for a range of audiences in on and offline channels, ideally including media materials, annual reports, blog posts, website content, newsletter articles, social posts, ad copy, etc.
- Project and budget management skills.
- Understanding of social media analytics.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Experience in planning, preparing and delivering communications to various audiences and platforms.
- Knowledge of the functionality and role of a regulatory College or health-related organization is preferred but not essential.
The College’s environment is best suited for individuals with the following attributes:
- Ability to be proactive, innovative and solutions oriented.
- An independent self-starter who is creative, innovative and results oriented.
- Strong sense of accountability.
- Ability to maintain personal composure during times of stress.
Terms and Working Conditions
The following terms and working conditions apply to this position:
- this is a full-time permanent position with the College;
- the position is based on a 35-hour work week, Monday to Friday with occasional weekend work (as needed);
- salary will be based on the experience, skills and qualifications of the incumbent within a range of $61,500–$82,000 per year.
College employees enjoy a competitive group benefits plan (life insurance, LTD, health, dental and paramedical services) and employees are registered in the College’s Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) program where the College makes a contribution on the employee’s behalf. The College will also provide opportunities for professional development.
Application Process and Deadline
Cover letters and resumes can be e-mailed to email@example.com and must be received by September 9, 2022. Please include “Marketing Communications Officer” in the subject line of your e-mail. Only those applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted by the College following the job posting close date. The College requests that no telephone inquiries be made.
Our recruitment process will be conducted remotely due to COVID-19.
Who To Contact