Manager, Registration (2-year contract)
Posted On: October 8, 2021
Closes On: October 20, 2021
The College of Naturopaths of Ontario regulates naturopathic doctors in the public interest. Our mandate is to support patients’ rights to receive safe, competent and ethical naturopathic care. We fulfill our role by establishing requirements to enter the profession, setting standards of practice, ensuring continuing competence, and providing accountability through Complaints and Discipline.
Reporting to the Director, Registration & Examinations, the Manager, Registration manages and leads registration processes, including but not necessarily limited to collection of annual fees, annual information return, class change requests, professional corporations, applications for registration and maintaining the College’s Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR) program.
This position involves a wide spectrum of activities including but not limited to supporting the development and implementation of the policies and procedures governing the registration processes, providing Registration Committee, PLAR Committee and department support relating to these activities, and reporting to various external agencies.
The Manager, Registration will be extremely reliable with the commitment to take pride in, and ownership of, all projects and initiatives. They must ensure that all work is high quality and is completed on deadline.
- University Degree or College Diploma, or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of five years of related experience in a regulatory setting or in an environment run by a Board or Council; and
- A minimum of one year experience in a manager role (or similar) overseeing staff.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and planning abilities, including working to a deadline.
- A team player with excellent multi-tasking skills who thrives in a busy environment;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- A high level of discretion and confidentiality;
- Possesses strong organizational skills with ability to set priorities;
- Works well under pressure, and meets deadlines.
- Ability to work well autonomously, but also collaborates effectively with others;
- Strong inter-personal communication skills with evidence of good judgment;
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to provide strong initiative, a positive attitude and a willingness to work on a variety of projects/ duties big or small;
- Ability to adapt to new systems and processes quickly and effectively;
- Familiarity with knowledge of the Regulated Health Professions Act and health legislation is considered an asset; and
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Suite and Adobe
The College’s environment is best suited for individuals with the following attributes:
- Ability to be proactive, innovative and solutions oriented.
- Strong sense of accountability.
- Ability to maintain personal composure during times of stress.
- Patient and empathetic.
Terms and Working Conditions
The following terms and working conditions apply to this position:
- This is a full-time two-year contract position with the College due to parental leave.
- The position is based on a 35-hour work week, Monday to Friday.
- Salary will be based on the experience, skills and qualifications of the incumbent within a range of $68,500-$94,000 per year.
College employees enjoy a competitive group benefits plan (life insurance, LTD, health, dental and paramedical services).
 All College staff are presently working from home and will continue to do so until at least January 2022. Subsequently, the incumbent will be able to work from home on a part or full-time basis depending on operational requirements.
Application Process and Deadline
Cover letters and resumes can be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to (416) 583-6011 and must be received by October 20, 2021. Please include “Manager, Registration” in the subject line of your e-mail or fax cover sheet. Only those applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted by the College following the job posting close date. Phone inquiries are not accepted.
Who To Contact