How to File a Complaint
The College must receive your complaint about a Naturopathic Doctor in a recorded format such as writing, tape recording, film or disk. Although there is no time limit in which to make your complaint, it is best to let the College know about your concern as soon as possible.
To initiate a complaint, please follow these steps:
1. Review the Complaints Process on the College’s website.
2. Print and complete or electronically complete the complaint form, and provide documentation and details of the complaint as required.
Complaints must include:
- The name of the Naturopathic Doctor. If you do not know the name, provide as much detail and identifying information as possible.
- Your full name and contact information. (The College cannot respond to anonymous complaints.)
- The patient’s name (when relevant), if you’re submitting the complaint on someone else’s behalf.
- Details of the problem (specific concerns, place and date where the incident or issue occurred, etc.).
- The names of other individuals or witnesses who could provide the College with additional information.
- Any other information that could help the College process the complaint.
If you require assistance completing the complaint form or have questions about the College’s Complaints process, you can contact
the College for assistance.
3. Attach any supporting evidence
Please forward all supporting evidence such as copies of patient records, correspondence with the Naturopathic Doctor/clinic staff, prescriptions, invoices and receipts, labels and/or vials of medication, etc. to the College.
4. Submit completed complaint form and supporting documentation to the College:
By email: email@example.com
College of Naturopaths of Ontario
150 John Street, 10th Floor
By Fax: 416-583-6011