Webinar: Avoiding Unauthorized Health Products Online
Posted On: November 2, 2022
The Health Product Compliance Directorate (HPCD) of the Regulatory Operations and Enforcement Branch (ROEB) within Health Canada carries out proactive risk management projects (PRMP) to verify and promote compliance, as well as gather information regarding industries’ compliance against specific regulatory requirements. These projects complement Health Canada’s routine inspection programs and reactive market surveillance activities.
As a compliance promotion initiative, HPCD is inviting all health care professionals to attend a WebEx webinar: Raising Awareness – Avoiding Unauthorized Health Products Online (Information Session for Health Care Professionals).
What’s the webinar about?
This webinar aims to increase awareness of the prevalence of unauthorized and/or adulterated health products in the online marketplace. It will also provide resources to health care professionals to guide patients to legitimate sources of compliant health products. Below is a list of topics that will be covered in the webinar:
- Regulatory requirements for importation of health products
- Risks of buying health products online
- Commercial importation and importing health products as a healthcare practitioner
- Information on Health Canada’s online tools and programs (reporting of adverse drug reaction and complaints, public advisory on recalls and safety alerts)
When will these take place?
HPCD will be hosting five (5) sessions via WebEx:
- November 8, 2022 at 2-3pm EST (English session)
- November 9, 2022 at 11am-12pm EST (French session)
- November 15, 2022 at 11am-12pm EST (English session)
- November 24, 2022 at 2-3pm EST (English session)
- November 29, 2022 at 1-2pm EST (French session)
How can you register and attend the webinar?
Use the following link: https://canada.webex.com/webappng/sites/canada/webinar/webinarSeries/register/8ed3ac0089ca4702bcbd6a8039ab7d79 to register for the session of your choice by November 4, 2022. Your name and email address will be required to complete the registration.
Shortly after your registration is confirmed, WebEx will send the link to the session to the email address provided. You will be redirected to download WebEx Meetings when you click on the link.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Back to News & Announcements