Mandatory self-reporting is an important legal requirement for naturopaths and all regulated health professionals in Ontario. These reports alert us to situations where a naturopath may not be practising safely and let us take appropriate steps to protect the public.
What must be reported
Section 20.08 of the College’s By-laws outlines changes to information that must be automatically provided to the College within 30 days of the event or change taking place. In addition to the By-laws, amendments were made on May 1, 2018 to the Regulated Health Professions Act, 1991 expanding the mandatory reporting requirements.
New self-reporting requirements
If you answer yes to any of the following questions, the information must be provided to the College within 30 days from the date of occurrence using the form below.
- Are you currently registered with any other regulatory body in Ontario and/or any other Canadian, US or international jurisdiction? In other words, do you practise or are you authorised to practise another regulated profession in addition to naturopathy?
- Are you currently registered with any other naturopathic regulatory body in any jurisdiction outside of Ontario?
- Has a finding of professional misconduct or incompetence been made against you by another regulatory body in Ontario and/or in any other jurisdiction?
- Have you been charged with any offence? An offence means any breach of law that is prosecuted in a court, including criminal or drug charges, speeding or parking tickets, etc.
- Have there been any findings of guilt, professional negligence or malpractice against you?
6. Are there any bail or release restrictions on you currently in place?
What happens if you don’t self-report?
Failing to self-report or falsifying any information may result in findings of professional misconduct that could include a variety of penalties against you and your ability to practise.
How to self-report
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, please complete the Self-Reporting Form and return it to the College.
By mail: College of Naturopaths of Ontario
150 John Street, 10th Floor
By e-mail: email@example.com
By fax: 416-583-6011