Payment Plan Program
What is the Payment Plan Program?
To assist in lessening the burden of annual registration renewal fees on the profession during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the College has provided a means for Registrants to pay their 2021-22 registration renewal fees in a series of 10 equal payment installments rather than in one lump sum.
Who is eligible to participate?
Anyone registered with the College at the time of renewal (General or Inactive class).
How many payments will I be required to make?
Ten equal payments are required.
When are payments deducted?
On the 1st of each month or the 1st business day of each month (if the first falls on a holiday or weekend) starting April 1, 2021, with the last deduction being withdrawn on January 2, 2022.
How much will I be required to pay each month?
Registrants in the General class will pay $181.80 each month for 10 months.
Registrants in the Inactive class will pay $91.20 each month for 10 months.
How do I enrol in the Program?
You will have the option of enroling in the Program while completing your online information return form. Once in the Declaration section of the form:
- Review the noted “Payment Plan Program” information.
- Click “Yes” if you wish to enrol in the Program.
- Review the “Terms and Conditions” of participation in the Program.
- Provide your banking details as indicated on the form.
- Click on the “I agree to the terms and conditions” button.
Complete the remaining Declaration sections of the online information return form and submit the form.
Please have your banking information available before you begin.
NOTE: if you select NO to enroling in the Program and have submitted your form, you cannot go back and enrol in the Program.
What is the deadline for enrolment in the Program?
5:00 p.m. EDT on March 31, 2021
What happens if I default on a payment?
Defaulting on payment will result in the immediate termination of your enrolment in the Program. A $35 plus HST non-sufficient funds (NSF) fee and a $285 plus HST ($322.05) late renewal fee will be applied to your account on top of any outstanding balance. All unpaid fees will be due and payable within 30 days of the date of termination.
If no action to remedy the default is taken within 30 days, your certificate of registration will be suspended for non-payment of fees.
If a payment is not honoured by your financial institution, and the fault rests with your financial institution, it is your responsibility to provide evidence and demonstrate the bank error.
Can I still participate in the Program if I accidentally paid my full registration fee?
Enrolment in the Program cannot be offered once the registration fee has been paid.
How do I terminate my enrolment in the Program?
To cancel your enrolment in the Program, you must notify the Registration Department by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 15 days before the next payment withdrawal date. All outstanding fees will be due and payable within 30 days of the date of the cancellation notice.
What happens if I change my class of registration while enroled in the Program?
Changing your class of registration part way through the year will result in immediate termination of your enrolment in the Program.
You will not be permitted to restart the payment plan for payment of any fees owing as part of the class change.
The College will not refund any portion of the annual registration fee already paid.
What happens if I decide to resign part-way through the registration year?
Resigning part way through the year will result in immediate termination of your enrolment in the Program and payment of the remaining balance will be due before the resignation is granted. The College will not refund any portion of the annual registration fee already paid.
When will I be able to access my tax receipt for my 2021 renewal fees?
A tax receipt will be issued and available upon your completion of the Program (i.e., having made full payment of your 2021 registration fees) in January 2022.
Am I able to pay off the remaining balance before January 2022?
Yes. As payments through the Program are made, an updated ‘outstanding invoice balance’ will be available via your user portal. This may be paid off at any time using a credit card (VISA or Mastercard). Payment of this outstanding balance will immediately terminate your enrolment in the Payment Plan program and cancel any pending withdrawals from your banking institution.
What are the terms and conditions for enrolment in the Program?
The following Terms and Conditions apply to the Payment Plan:
- I understand the deadline for enrolment is 5:00 p.m. EDT March 31, 2021 and that enrolment after this deadline cannot be accepted.
- I understand that the Payment Plan Program will allow me to pay my Registration fees in 10 equal payments through pre-authorised debit (PAD) from my bank account, in the amounts of $181.80 (including HST) for General Class Registrants and $91.20 (including HST) for Inactive Registrants.
- I understand that I can cancel my enrolment at any time by notifying the College in writing, or by logging in to the Registrant Portal and paying all outstanding fees, a minimum of 15 days before the next month’s withdrawal date. Failure to do so will result in the processing of the next month’s PAD.
- I agree and understand that a default of a single payment will result in:
- The immediate termination of my enrolment in the Payment Plan Program.
- The application of a $322.05 (including HST) late renewal fee to my account with the College.
- Possible charges of $39.55 (including HST) for non-sufficient funds (NSF) fee to my account with the College.
- I agree and understand that, in the event of termination (whether due to my own cancelation or termination by the College for default of payment), all unpaid fees will be due and payable within 30 days of the date of cancelation or
- I further agree and understand that, if the outstanding fees are not received within 30 days of the date of termination or cancelation, my certificate of registration will be suspended for non-payment of
- I also understand that if my registration is suspended, a reinstatement fee will be payable to the College before I may begin to practise once again.
- I understand and agree that participation in the College of Naturopaths of Ontario Payment Plan Program is entirely optional and that by entering into the Payment Plan Program, I have explicitly agreed to the Terms and Conditions set out herein.