The College of Naturopaths of Ontario is committed to protecting
the privacy rights of all individuals who visit its website. The College
is committed to all major tenets of privacy protection and as such
• Only collect personal information that is necessary to the
fulfillment of services or the delivery of services to our visitors
and with the consent of the individual;
• Protect all personal information collected by the College and
take all reasonable and proper measures to prevent its
• Not disclose information collected or maintained by the College
without the prior written consent of the individual to whom the
• Allow any individual to view any personal information collected
and/or maintained about them by the College provided the
disclosure of that information does not violate the right to privacy
of another individual.
The College web site may automatically record some general
information about a user’s visit, such as:
• The Internet domain for the user’s Internet Service Provider
• The Internet Protocol Address (IP Address) of the computer
accessing the website;
• The user’s type of browser (such as “Safari version 7.0” or
“Internet Explorer Version 8”);
• The user’s type of operating system (Windows, Unix, Linux,
• The date and time each user visits the site and the pages
visited, along with the address of the previous website visited if
the College’s site was accessed through a link from another site.
The College uses this information for statistical analysis, to allow
improvements to the site to make it more user-friendly. The College
may disclose aggregate data based on this information for auditing
or developmental purposes. This tracking system does not record
personal information about the user.
The College website uses a tool called a “cookie”, which is a small
data bit that is sent from the website to a user’s computer and is
stored on the user’s hard drive (provided enabled cookies have been
enabled). The cookie allows a user to interact more effectively with
the website by enabling the site to update the user on changes since
the last visit. It is also helpful in developing content that responds to
Links and Privacy
The College’s privacy statement applies only to the College website.
When users leave this site, the policies of the site being visited apply
and the College assumes no responsibility for the content and/or
operations of sites that are linked from this site. Users are
The information contained on this site is copyrighted to the College
of Naturopaths of Ontario and may not be copied or duplicated
without the express written consent of the College.
time and without notice.