The College of Naturopaths of Ontario is committed to protecting the privacy rights of all individuals who visit its website. The College is committed to all major tenets of privacy protection and as such we will:
- Only collect personal information that is necessary to the fulfillment of services or the delivery of services to our visitors and with the consent of the individual;
- Protect all personal information collected by the College and take all reasonable and proper measures to prevent its inadvertent disclosure;
- Not disclose information collected or maintained by the College without the prior written consent of the individual to whom the information pertains;
- Will allow any individual to view any personal information collected and/or maintained about them by the College provided the disclosure of that information does not violate the right to privacy of another individual.
The College web site may automatically record some general information about your visit, such as:
- The Internet domain for your Internet Service Provider (ISP);
- The Internet Protocol Address (IP Address) of the computer accessing the website;
- The type of browser (such as “Safari version 7.0” or “Internet Explorer Version 8”) you are using;
- The type of operating system you are using (Windows, Unix, Linux, Macintosh);
- The date and time you visit the site and the pages that you visit, along with the address of the previous website you were visiting if you came to our site through a link from another site.
The College uses this information for statistical analysis, to allow improvements to the site to make it more user-friendly. We may disclose aggregate data based on this information for auditing or developmental purposes. This tracking system does not record personal information about the user.
The College website uses a tool called a “cookie”, which is a small data bit that is sent from the website to your computer and is stored on your hard drive (provided you have enabled cookies in your browser). The cookie allows you to interact more effectively with the website by enabling the site to update you on changes since your last visit. It is also helpful in developing content that responds to our visitors’ needs.
Links and Privacy
The information contained on this site is copyrighted to the College of Naturopaths of Ontario and may not be copied or duplicated without the express written consent of the College.