Intravenous Infusion Therapy Premises Register
All clinics where Members perform compounding for or provide Intravenous Infusion Therapy (IVIT) must register as an IVIT premises with the College of Naturopaths of Ontario. These premises are inspected to ensure they meet the Inspection Program Requirements
for administering and compounding for IVIT. Each premises is inspected every five years.
The IVIT Premises Register
provides information about premises that are registered with the College and therefore are authorized to perform IVIT procedures as well as information about inspections that are in process or completed.
Here is the type of information you'll find on the register, and a brief description of what it means.
- Name and address of the registered premises.
- Names of the Members performing IVIT procedures at the premises.
- Names of any Professional Corporations performing IVIT procedures at the premises.
- Date the premises registered with the College.
- The registration history which includes the status to indicate when the premises registered with the College and became active, when a new premises registered and the authority to begin performing IVIT is pending prior to an inspection, as well as when the premises ceased performing IVIT procedures and became inactive, where applicable.
- Date of any inspections conducted.
- Purpose of the inspection, as follows:
Existing premises - initial inspection
|All premises performing IVIT that registered between March 2 and May 1, 2017 are considered existing premises and will undergo an inspection before March 2, 2019.
|New premises - Part I
||Any premises that registers with the College after May 1, 2017 is a new premises and must undergo Part I of the inspection and receive a pass or pass with conditions prior to being allowed to perform IVIT procedures at that location.
|New premises - Part II
||All new premises will undergo Part II of the inspection once IVIT procedures have been performed for a number of months. Part II includes the observation and patient chart review portions of the inspection.
|Follow-up to a previous inspection
|A follow-up inspection may be ordered by the Inspection Committee if it has reasonable cause to believe there is serious risk of harm to patients related to IVIT procedures.
|Follow-up to a Type 1 Occurrence report
||The Inspection Committee may order an inspection depending on the nature of the occurrence and the circumstances detailed in the Type I Occurrence report.
|Subsequent to an Outcome of a Fail
||The Inspection Committee may order an additional inspection to determine if adequate changes have been made and a change in outcome is appropriate following an outcome of a fail. A follow-up inspection is not automatically ordered following an outcome of a fail.
|Subsequent to an Outcome of a Pass with Conditions
||A follow-up inspection may be ordered by the Inspection Committee to confirm conditions have been met by the premises. A follow-up inspection is not automatically ordered when conditions have been put in place.
|Requested by a Member
||A Member may request the Inspection Committee order an additional inspection.
|Scheduled 5 year inspection
||Following an initial inspection of an existing premises or Parts I and II for a new premises, all premises will undergo subsequent inspections on a 5 year cycle.
- Outcome of the Inspection. Possible outcomes are:
- Pass with conditions, or
- Date of the outcome.
- A summary including any conditions placed on the premises by the Inspection Committee.
- The Inspection Committee's report which includes:
- deficiencies identified during the inspection,
- the conditions or, where a condition was not warranted, the recommendations made,
- if a subsequent inspection is ordered and the estimated date.
- Current status of the inspection, as follows:
||The premises has been selected for an upcoming inspection which is expected to occur within 3 months.
||The inspection has been completed and the report from the inspector is pending.
|Report Under Review
||The report from the inspector has been received by the College and will be reviewed by the Inspection Committee at its next meeting.
||The Inspection Committee's report containing the outcome of a pass with conditions or a fail and the reasons for the outcome, has been provided to the designated Member.
The designated Member has 14 days to make a submission for the Inspection Committee to consider and determine if a change in the outcome is appropriate.
The submission allows the premises to demonstrate how it has addressed the deficiencies and conditions identified in the report.
If the outcome is a pass with conditions, IVIT procedures may continue to be performed in accordance with any restrictions that may apply.
If the outcome is a fail, all Members must stop performing IVIT procedures at the premises.
|Submission Under Review
||The submission has been received and will be reviewed by the Inspection Committee at its next meeting.
|Final Outcome Delivered
||If the outcome is a pass no further action is required by the College or the premises.
If there was a previous outcome of a pass with conditions or a fail and a submission was received, the Inspection Committee may:
- Confirm that the outcome will remain the same.
- Provide a report and change the outcome from a fail, to a pass with conditions or a pass.
- Provide a report and change the outcome from a pass with conditions, to a pass.
- Order a follow-up/additional inspection.
- Request that the Registrar provide the report to the Quality Assurance Committee to follow up with a Member performing IVIT procedures at the premises whose knowledge, skill and judgment is consider to be unsatisfactory.
- Request that the Registrar provide the report to the Inquiries, Complaints and Reports Committee to investigate a Member performing IVIT procedures at the premises who may have committed an act of professional misconduct or may be incompetent or incapacitated.
SEARCH FOR AN IVIT PREMISES