The Jurisprudence Exam is an entry-to-practise requirement for all applicants wishing to become registered as a naturopath in Ontario. Applicants must have completed the exam no more than two years before submitting their Application for Registration to the College.
This open-book, complete-at-your-own-pace exam is offered online and is available at any time for applicants who have paid the examination fee.
To be considered eligible for the Jurisprudence Examination, you must meet at least one of the following criteria:
have graduated from a CNME-accredited program
have successfully completed the Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition Program (PLAR),
have completed the College’s Pre-Registration Form indicating that you are registered with another naturopathic regulatory authority in Canada and intend to transfer to Ontario, or
hold a Certificate of Registration with our College.
Initial and Retake Jurisprudence Examination Fee $75 + HST
Accessing the Jurisprudence Examination
Step 1: Register for the Ontario Jurisprudence Examination after you have reviewed the Jurisprudence Handbook.
Step 2: Access the Ontario Jurisprudence Examination
- The Jurisprudence Examination may be reattempted multiple times until a passing score is obtained. However, the retake fee applies for each subsequent attempt.
- Review the Jurisprudence Handbook before attempting the exam.
- A French version of the exam is available upon request.
- Requests for testing accommodations are considered on an individual basis in accordance with the College’s Examinations Policy.
- Do not attempt the Jurisprudence Exam until you are within two years of your application for final registration as a naturopath.
If you have any questions, please e-mail email@example.com