The Pre-Registration Application
The information provided on the Pre-Registration form is used by the College of Naturopaths of Ontario to create a profile for current or future applicants and identifies through which registration stream an applicant will enter at the time of initial application:
- Stream A: Applicant completed accredited education or PLAR assessment within the last two years;
- Stream B: Applicant completed accredited education more than two years ago and is not registered and actively practicing in another regulated Canadian jurisdiction
- Stream C: Applicant is registered and actively practicing in another regulated Canadian jurisdiction.
The College requires the following basic information in order to create a profile and to begin to assess an application:
- Eligibility status, i.e. through which stream the applicant intends to apply;
- All current and past names (including middle names, maiden names, previous names, etc.);
- Contact information;
- Proof of identity;
- Primary language (only one please) and language of education;
- Name of naturopathic educational institution;
- Previous and current practice status (if applicable); and
- Declaration, date and signature.
If the information provided changes at any time, applicants should contact the College to provide an update.
Applications for Pre-Registration
can be completed in three (3) easy steps:
- Complete the form by typing in all the required information, and print it. Please do not complete any section other than the declaration portion of the form by hand. All information should be typed in.
- Print your legal name in the name field of the declaration section, and sign and date the form.
- Send the form and a copy of your identification to the Registration Department, via mail, email (in PDF format), or fax.
NOTE: The Pre-Registration Application form is available from the Resources Section
of the website.
Once the Pre-Registration Application has been reviewed and processed, you will be sent an email with instructions on how to access further the next step in the process. Time for processing completed forms and notifying applicants is approximately 3-5 business days, depending on volume. Applicants who have not heard from the College by that time are invited to follow up with us, in particular if the application was forwarded by email.
Other Important Information
- Forms with incomplete, inconsistent, missing or indecipherable information will not be processed and will be returned. This will delay the registration process.
- Pre-registering with the College does not obligate you to register; however, if you change your mind and decide not to register, please contact the College to let us know.
- There is no cost to pre-register with the College.